Microscopy analysis and investigations
Norner has a modern and well equipped microscopy laboratory which is internationally recognised.
- We offer advanced sample preparation and various microscopy techniques.
- Our laboratory is able to investigate and identify challenges within the whole value chain, from gas to plastic to end products.
We can offer the following analysis:
LM - Light Microscope or Optical microscope (OM):
Reveals not seen by the naked eye. Transmitted or incident light manipulated by lenses and a variety of contrast techniques is used as an analytical tool to differ between structures in materials.
SEM-EDS - Scanning Electron Microscope - Energy Dispersive Spectrometer:
Element mapping and visualization, surface finish, contaminations, failure and fracture investigation in all kind of solid materials
- Consultations and problem solving
- Product and material imperfections
- Weakness in product design
- Material and surface structures
- Flow patterns build in stresses in plastic parts
- Crystal structures
- Powder morphology
- Phase distribution of inhomogeneous materials