Migration testing of food packaging
Norner offers migration testing of plastic materials and articles intended to come into contact with food.
- The testing is performed according to the harmonized EU regulations: Commission directive and amendments.
- Norner has a network of partners in packaging testing and analytics for additional tests.
Overall migration testing according to EN 1186
- Aqueous food simulants by total immersion.
- Aqueous food simulants by cell.
- Aqueous food simulants by article filling.
- Substitute tests into iso-octane and 95% aqueous ethanol.
Specific migration testing according to EN 13130
- Determination of 1-octene and 1-hexene in food simulants.
- Determination of selected additives in food simulants.
Chemical analysis of additives
- Qualitative identification of additives contained in polymers and packages.
- Quantitative analysis of additives with SML in polymers and packages.
Norner is a member of:
- Emballasjekonvensjonen (EK)
- Faggruppe for matvarekontakt og migrasjon